Or just 7 simple questions to make you more aware of what you spend your time on.
A few years ago, I´ve found these questions somewhere on the internet (I believe it was on Lifehack.org ), and they triggered me as a useful tool to be more aware of the small successes I achieved. Since I´m active in the Continuous Improvement field almost my whole working life, I stepped into the pitfall of only seeing opertunities for improvement and not paying attention to what has been achieved. Success became a normal state, not achieving full success became a failure.
Asking myself these questions on a regularly basis made more aware, and even helped me being more productive. Currently, I use these questions for my Monthly Review, where I track my Goals and Objectives (just replaced the word "week" by "month").
Result? I can get pretty excited of small achievements! I feel better all the time, and can even help others feel better by letting them see what results they´ve achieved.
Give it try, write down the answers and track progress.
- What will I try to improve on next week?
- What was I most proud of this week?
- What was my biggest accomplishment this week?
- What have I done to get closer to my life goals this week?
- What was hard for me this week, and why?
- What was my biggest waste of time this week?
- What did I do this week that made me ashamed?
You want to discover the magic behind number 7, read The Mystical Number 7!